In Los Angeles, we make up for our lack of snow with our ample holiday traditions. From visiting Knott’s Merry Farm, to witnessing Christmas tree lightings, to attending the L.A. County Holiday Celebration on Christmas Eve at The Music Center’s Dorothy Chandler Pavilion, Christmas is truly a magical time to be in Los Angeles.
The Music Center is proud to bring back a holiday tradition to Los Angeles with a world premiere of the new George Balanchine’s The Nutcracker® by Miami City Ballet. The holiday classic, with Balanchine’s iconic choreography, features all-new sets and costumes by Cuban-American artist/designer power couple Isabel and Ruben Toledo. To give L.A. a Nutcracker that is truly its own, performances will include, for the first time, student dancers from two L.A. arts academies —Colburn School and The Gabriella Foundation’s everybody dance! — while the Los Angeles Children’s Chorus will provide live vocals. A live orchestra will play Peter Ilyitch Tchaikovsky’s timeless score.
Also new this year, you and your family have the opportunity to win the ultimate Los Angeles Holiday Traditions prize package by sharing your holiday traditions with The Music Center on social media! Win tickets to the all-new production of George Balanchine’s The Nutcracker®, a stay at the Omni Los Angeles Hotel and tickets to Knott’s Merry Farm!
Prize Winner will receive:
- A family four-pack of tickets to George Balanchine’s The Nutcracker® by Miami City Ballet at The Music Center’s Dorothy Chandler Pavilion. Tickets are valid for the following performances only: December 9, 2017, at 2:00 p.m. or 7:30 p.m.
- Overnight Stay for one night in a Deluxe Room at Omni Los Angeles Hotel, including overnight parking for one car.
- A family four-pack of tickets to Knott’s Merry Farm and four accompanying Fast Lane passes that allow priority boarding on popular rides. Knott’s Merry Farm tickets are valid on select nights through January 7, 2018.
How to Enter:
From Wednesday, November 16- Monday, December 4, you may enter in all of the following ways:
- Facebook: Share your “holiday tradition” by posting either text or an image on The Music Center’s Facebook profile wall.
- Instagram: Share your “holiday tradition” by posting either text or an image on Instagram. You must tag @MusicCenterLA and utilize the hashtag #LAHolidayTraditions in your post. See above for examples.
- The Music Center Website: Log onto musiccenter.org/holidaytraditionssweeps
and complete an entry form with the required information.
Note: Limit 1 entry per person per platform (limit three entries total per person). The Sweepstakes is open to all legal residents of the United States at least 18 years of age as of the date of entry in the Sweepstakes. Odds depend on the number of eligible entries. Void where prohibited. No purchase required.
Full rules & entry form: www.musiccenter.org/holidaytraditionssweep
Make Dance at The Music Center part of your holiday traditions!
The new George Balanchine’s The Nutcracker® is the perfect winter celebration for the entire family. Purchase tickets here.