The deadline for submitting this year’s Spotlight applications – October 17 – is getting ever closer, so just in case you haven’t made your application video yet or are working on the final finishing touches, here are our tips for submitting the best possible Spotlight Application Video!
Watch the video or read all the tips below!
- Hold your phone horizontally, not vertically.
- Use your thumb and index finger when holding your phone to make sure you’re not covering the mike or the lens.
- Turn on Airplane Mode to avoid any interruptions.
- Tap the screen to make sure you are in focus before filming.
- Ask a friend to film your video and make sure their hands aren’t shaking.
- Film against a simple, plain background like a well-lit, white wall.
- For all categories except dance, make sure you get your whole torso in the shot – from hips up.
- For dance categories, you have to get your entire body in the shot!
- Again for dance, it can be helpful to set up markers for yourself on stage left & right.
- If your video involves playing an instrument, make sure we can see your hands.
Most important of all, remember that you don’t need professional equipment! Grab your phone or tablet and relax – this should be fun!
Apply by October 17, 2016 to be on your way to free master classes, cash scholarship and a chance to perform on the Walt Disney Concert Hall stage: musiccenter.org/spotlight