The Art of Falling is making its West Coast Premiere on November 6th at The Music Center and we could not be more thrilled to have this innovative collaboration between two of our favorite companies – The Second City and Hubbard Street Dance Chicago – on our Ahmanson Theatre stage! The brainchild of five choreographers, four writers and more than 30 dancers and actors, this show takes dance and sketch comedy to a whole new level.
To give you a better sense of just what it is to fall into this delightfully charming show, here’s a list of Fun Facts to know and share…
- This engagement will be the first time The Art of Falling is being seen outside of Chicago and the first time it has been performed since it’s initial debut!
2. The show is an interesting mashup of concert dance, musical theater, comedy, improv, and film. So you should expect the unexpected!
3. The playlist of songs throughout the show range from classical works to songs by REM and David Bowie! Definitely a soundtrack we think you’ll dig.
4. The show includes live musicians.
5. The Art of Falling truly incorporates the essence of improvization, so you may be asked for suggestions and asked questions. Those comments from the audience then inspire some of the choreography, making each performance totally unique and fresh!
6. For our Swan Lake lovers out there, there’s a special interpretation of Tchaikovsky’s timeless ballet music that we think you’ll especially enjoy!
7. There is some adult content and language in The Art of Falling, so best to leave your littles with a sitter.
8. Finally and the most important fact: The show is hilarious, so be prepared to laugh out loud.