Today’s Throwback Thursday is especially close to our hearts because we’re throwing it all the way back to 1964 – The year The Music Center first opened! We’re celebrating the music of that momentous year (and it’s kind of incredible how many hits came out) this Friday at our Friday Night Sing-Along with Songs of 64 as the theme. It’s free, it’s a lot of fun, and we will be giving out some incredible prizes too. The fun starts at 6:30 in the W.M. Keck Amphitheater behind Walt Disney Concert Hall.
But in the meantime, we thought we’d share a short list of six things we love about 1964…
1. The Beatles made their Ed Sullivan Show debut.
2. Mary Poppins opened in theaters.
3. The 1964 Cadillac Prestige… So Pretty!
4. Dorothy Chandler was on the cover of Time Magazine in December.
5. Hello Dolly opened on Broadway.
6. Dresses like these were in fashion!
Still yearning for more 64? Well, here’s a playlist of some of our favorite songs to tide you over till our sing-along tomorrow! Enjoy and stay groovy!