Yesterday, aka April 22nd, aka Earth Day, The Music Center teamed up with Grand Park, the LA Department of Water & Power, Alternative Travel Project, Armstrong Gardens, Heal the Bay and a slew of other eco-conscious companies to celebrate Earth Day. There were information booths, art-making activities, tutorials. performances, plants and food from The Music Center plaza all the way through the park to city hall. It was green, it was educational, and it was all around great!
In case you missed out on the fun, here’s a quick recap in 8 easy doses…
1. Busloads of school children hit the plaza for recyclable crafting and hanging their own pledges for eco-friendly living on our Earth Day tree.
2. Valley Crest Landscaping handed out succulents.
3. Water conservation was brought to life with a musical performance from Theatre of Will.
4. We made planters out of recycled magazines.
5. Composting is cool and now we know how to do it at home.
6. Alternative Travel Project broke down the benefits of going car-less for 1 day (and many days after!)
7. Apparently lava lamps count as e-waste…
8. Dozens of trees found new homes at our tree-adoption on the Peace Fountain!
All in all, a pretty successful day in honor of the earth!